Friday, March 30, 2012

March Madness

I have been able to get a few things done this month! I am still trying to keep up my monthly project goal for the year. This month I wanted to stain my music cabinet.
Here is the before picture:

And here is my after picture:
I used an oil based stain.... I think Walnut
Here is David helping me stain the inside of the cabinet...
I liked the way it turned out... I also made some "Orbs" from embroidery hoops!  It sounds weird, but they look kind of cool.  Here is picture of them on top of the newly stained cabinet!


Closer view! I think I might add some vines intertwined to give it a fuller look.  Of course, this idea came from pinterest!

My April project is going to be to sew a new Easter Dress... or if that doesn't work out, I have a side table that I need to paint black..  I did buy a new pattern for the dress and I have the black paint already, so there is a good chance I will get one of these projects done!

Photobucket

2 comments:

sarah said...

Cute! We always seem to be productive at the same times. I love the orbs. And I especially love that you got the idea from Pinterest. The music cabinet turned out beautifully!

Laura said...

Great job mom. I love how everything turned out. I am glad you are not hiding your talent under a bush.