Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Autumn Splash

I love Autumn..the colors, the smells, the cooler weather, but not yet cold. It all makes for a beautiful time of year.   Our yard has been especially pretty this year.   This morning as we were working out in the yard, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to take a few pictures!   We have had some smoke in the air from a forest fire nearby (not sure where) and it has given the sky a smoky haze, not so good for breathing, but it was good lighting for the pictures... 
Pretty yellow flowers in a pot

Pink Geranium

Juicy red tomatoes!  

Huge sunflowers... the seeds are drying ready to harvest

The farmer and his wonderful tomatoes

The farmer's wife and the wonderful tomatoes!

Purple Petunias 

Light green grass

Pink Hollyhocks... I love hollyhocks, they are so old-fashioned

I was just having some fun... wouldn't it be nice to buy tomatoes for .25 in the winter!!

We bottled homemade spaghetti sauce...yummy

I hope you are having a wonderful Autumn and enjoying all the colors.

post signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

Love everything about this post. I can't believe your tomatoes. Next year you might have to tone it down a few notches. Can't wait to see you!

sarah said...

Look at all those colors! Your yard has been BEAUTIFUL this year. I love your backyard especially. I'm glad you took time to take a few pictures for us!

(Also, I love the signature.)