Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pictures

Just a few pictures of things we have done this year.  Valentine's Day was fun with Laura and family.  We made some sugar cookies and dipped pretzels.   I have made bread and played with grandkids.  Our current project is redoing our living room.  I have book club here in March, so a living room redo was a must! More to come on that later.
Valentine Cookies!
Dipped Pretzels.. they were yummy!
Our pretty Cookies... 
Make a Snowman with Austen and Dirk
Here is our Snowman!  
Holding hands with our Snowman
In keeping with my goal to make bread, I made French Bread in February.  It turned out very yummy!
The key is to let it rise in the oven with hot water... it gives it a crusty crust and a moist center. 

My attempt at Pumpernickel bread.  
My first attempt wasn't so great, so I called my Mom and asked her what I did wrong and she gave me some good advise and then I tried again.  Second batch turned out so much better.  Thanks Mom. 
I adjusted the recipe and let the yeast work better for t he second batch. 
Photobucket

No comments: