Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 Goals and reflection

Today I have a few minutes to reflect on the past year and look forward to 2013! Last year I wrote my goals on the blog as follows: 
1.  Write a personal letter to each of my children and their spouse.  (this is kinda dumb, but we will see how it goes)
2. Write in my Journal at least once a week and include things I am grateful for.
3. Plan and GO on a big vacation this year.
4. Attend a Cooking Class and try some new recipes this year (5 or 6 recipes)
5. Become better at Geography by studying about different parts of the world! (this is a funny one, but I found this workbook on Europe and it as been interesting to learn new facts about that part of the world)
6. Read 50 books ( I did this last year so not a stretch unless I go blind this year)
7. Stay on an eating plan for 60 days in a row!
8. Exercise 3 days a week (at least.... maybe more)
9. Get fresh air everyday...
AND finally number 10...
10. Do one project a month and post it on the blog.

This is my report ... I didn't do #1- sorry kids!  I just didn't fit that one in.  #2 was a sorta thing.  I did write in my journal, but not once a week.   I did go on a big vacation to Alaska and that was fun.  I went to a cooking class with my sisters and we had a fun time. I did study geography and enjoyed it.  I learned so much and want to continue this in the coming year.  I bought a map and a couple of workbooks that helped me learn some things.  I read 57 books in 2012!  I love reading, so that is fun for me. I could do better in the eating and exercise area and I did do one project a month!  I really enjoyed it.

Now to look forward to 2013.  I love having so much hope this time of  year.  Hope for good things ahead. Hope for a better year.  Hope for good  heath and a better body! 

Goals for 2013
1. Bake Bread once a month- look up new kinds of  bread to make.
2. Read 50 books.
3. Practice the piano every week for at least 30 minutes.  I want to be able to play in church if needed. 
4. Learn to make Jewelry and repair the Jewelry I have.  I have always wanted to make bracelets and maybe some necklaces, so I think this will be interesting. 
5. Do a strict eating and exercise plan for 60 days straight. I almost made 60 days last year, so I want to try again.  I like the slow carb method and will try that again. 
6. For my geography goal, I want to focus on South America.  Learn more about the customs, culture, and geography. 
7. I have 2 projects from last year that I want to finish... Levi quilt ( I need to tie it), and my Granny Square afghan.  I love both of these projects, so it will be great to get them done. 
8. Attend the Temple once a month.  

That should keep me busy!  

I am not sure how much I will blog this  year, but I will keep the blog and if I have time I will post something, but don't expect much!   I like blogs, but they do take some time to complete.  

Happy New Year everyone!


No comments: