Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Past

Thanksgiving is this week and I was reflecting on all my past Thanksgivings.  I am so thankful for all that I have been blessed with in my life.  My husband, family, home, belief in God and his son Jesus Christ.
As a young girl, we always had fun Thanksgivings with my cousins.  We loved the kids table because we could eat all the food prepared by Grandma and Mom and my Aunt Betty.  We hiked, went swimming, went bowling when our cousins came to town!  I hope that I can pass along that good feeling to my family.

Here are a few memories from our Thanksgiving past:
Last year we had 6 grandchildren and this year we have 8!  So much to be thankful for.
(Eli is missing in this picture)

Last year Ben was in Afghanistan, this year he is safe at home.  We are so grateful for  his safe return.
Here is Eli... last year Eli was the only child in his family... this year he is getting a new brother in April!
We are grateful for our wonderful family
Eating leftovers!  Grateful for food!
Laura with a shotgun... grateful we have boys to teach us how to shoot!
Mama with a gun.... watch out!
Grateful for fun family activities.
Grateful for Family traditions.
 Last year Bryan won the family shoot, beating Dad for the first time in History!
Grateful for a granddaughter!
 We have 7 grandsons, and we are grateful for them too!

I try to keep a grateful journal and it reminds me of how much we truly have to be grateful for.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Photobucket

3 comments:

David said...

Mary, you are wonderful!

sarah said...

I'm kind of sad I won't be getting fried turkey this Thanksgiving. I'm grateful for such great in-laws!

Ben, Tana, B.A., and Dirk said...

Happy Thanksgiving!